Co-Axis™ is the first threaded dental implant with an angled prosthetic platform correction. This innovative design from Southern Implants allows oral surgeons and other dental professionals to utilize existing bone while maintaining the restorative platform at an angle that ensures an optimal esthetic result.
The anatomic limitations of the anterior maxilla often require either tilting of the implant or a grafting procedure. This is also true when vital structures such as the maxillary sinus or the mental foramen limit accessibility. The resulting implant angulation often necessitates a severe angle correction at the prosthetic level. This can lead to potential esthetic and/or soft tissue complications.
The Co-Axis™ angled dental implant is available in all five of Southern Implants’ connection interfaces. Depending on the range and diameter, platform corrections of 12°, 24° or 36° are available, which allow for optimal use of the available bone, while simultaneously allowing the restorative platform to emerge at the correct aesthetic angle. In addition, the elimination of an angled abutment frees up valuable restorative space. The body is tapered for better primary stability with immediate placement in extraction sockets. The implant surface is available either roughened along the entire length of the implant, or in the MSc (Machined Surface Coronal, External Hex) configuration, where the top 3mm of thread is left as-machined, with a specific surface roughness, for improved resistance against biofilm.
The end result is an implant that allows the practitioner to successfully negotiate problematic anatomical constraints, without sacrificing the ease, quality and appearance of prosthetic restorations.
- Ideal for immediate placement after extraction
- Reduced need for bone grafting
- Increased patient acceptance
- Increased parallelism in multi-implant cases
- Ability to use standard surgical protocol and instrumentation
- Satisfied referral base
- Optimized orientation allows for simplified restoration
- Predictable esthetics, especially in the anterior
- Allows for screw-retained restorations
- Reduces laboratory and component costs
- Allows for the use of standard prosthetic components
- Available with connection interfaces External Hex, Tri-Nex, Internal Octagon, Deep Conical and M-Series (Internal Hex)
- 12°, 24° or 36° platform correction angle, dependent on range and diameter
- Tapered body
- Diameters ranging from 3.25-6.00mm
- Lengths ranging from 8.5-18mm
- Surface roughened by Alumina blasting and chemically conditioned, giving a moderately rough surface with 15 years evidence of clinical success
- Available fully surface roughened or with MSc (Machined Surface Coronal) hybrid surface (External Hex only)