The range of externally hexed implants are available in diameters 3.25mm, 4.00mm, 5.00mm and 6.00mm. Diameters of 7.00mm 8.00mm, and 9.00mm are also available in the External Hex MAX implants. Implant lengths vary from 6mm to 20mm and all implants are surface roughened with Southern's extensively proven and well documented enhanced surface.
External Hex is the most versatile connection system. it enables us to make very short implants, and highly angled implants, not possible with internal connections. It is also a more forgiving connection system, in case of poor alignment. Hence Southern will continue to develop and support this range, as it is the choice of many training institutions and top end users.
External Hex has a wide range of prosthetic options.
Macrodesign has been carefully optimised through body shapes, thread profile, cutting flutes, and a wide range of diameters and lengths. All implants feature the Southern Implants moderately rough Alumina blasted-surface (with over 15 years of proven clinical success), and selected sizes are available with the Machined Surface Coronal (MSc) hybrid roughness, indicated for patients at high risk of thread exposure or infection. A smoother collar of specific roughness provides proven resistance against peri-implantitis, and many platform-switch options are available. For those desiring the best of both worlds, Southern Implants also offers an external hex-internal drive option.
The connection geometry makes many variations of implant body possible, including Co-Axis™ and MAX options, as well as standard-diameter and -length implants with cylindrical or tapered bodies. The external hex connection is also used on specialised osseointegrating fixtures such as the ultra-short, zygomatic and oncology implants, making this the most versatile interface type on the market.
Surgical and Prosthetic Benefits
- Classic, trusted connection with sought-after modern features
- Forgiving interface
- Good all-round stability with any prosthetic design
- Widest range of prosthetic options for treatment of single tooth, partial or full edentulism
- Expansive range of body shapes, lengths, diameters, platform angulations and specialised designs
- Widespread use and availability
- Available in Co-Axis and MAX
- Standard implants available in 3.0mm (MSc only), 3.25mm, 3.75mm, 4.0mm, 5.0mm and 6.0mm diameters, lengths 6-20mm, tapered or cylindrical body shapes
- Co-Axis™ implants available in 4.0mm, 5.0mm and 6.00mm diameters, lengths 8.5-18mm, platform angulations of 12°, 24° and 36°
- MAX implants available in 6.0mm (MSc only), 7.0mm, 8.0mm and 9.0mm diameters, lengths 7,9 and 11mm
- Moderately rough surface with 15 years of clinical evidence
- Also available with Machined Surface Coronal (MSc) hybrid surface for easier coronal debridement
- External Hex Product Catalogue
- External Hex Catalogue
- External Hex Datasheet
- MSc Catalogue